WordPress up and running using Amazon Web Services
August 04, 2020
Getting a WordPress site up and running using Amazon Web Services from scratch.
Presenter: Dennis Kennetz Hi all, my name is Dennis Kennetz and I am a local memphian who works as a Software Development Engineer at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. I studied Chemistry in college and started to learn to write code as a means to solve problems. I found out that I loved programming and ended up teaching myself python and bash, and now I am fortunate enough to use them both for a living! Places you can find me: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dennis-kennetz-377448142/ https://github.com/drkennetz
- setting up an aws account
- starting an instance + generating a key pair
- buying a domain name
- associating the domain name to your aws instance elastic ip address
- limiting access to the website to your ip address (security group) during development
- logging into the server using putty on windows (can have a slide or something about how to do it on a mac, but I don’t have a mac).
- finding your login creds in the home directory of your server.
- accessing the website as an admin!
This meetup is free and open to anyone willing to attend This is an online event. RSVP for link.